Today in class we all took part in a sea food web activity. Each person had a card. Each card had a name on it. The names were phytoplankton, zooplankton, anchovies, mackerel, fur seal. octopus, humpback whales, orca whales and much more. Declan and Xiao were great thinkers. They both said that everything is interconnected. If one part of the food web is damaged then the whole ecosystem is affected.
Grade 2 Camp Underwater World, Singapore
Thursday 2nd May – Friday 3rd May, 2013
As Thursday is a normal school day, you will still need to bring your usual school bag please, together with a morning snack for Thursday, and your lunch for Thursday with your water bottle. Thank you.
Please label all of your child’s items clearly.
Camp Packing List
· A small overnight bag (your child must carry their own bag to and from the bus and Underwater World)
· Torch / flashlight with batteries please.
· Crocs or flip flops for indoors
· Hat and sunscreen cream
· Small pillow
· Your clothes for day 2 (underwear, PE Shorts, T shirt, shorts/ trousers / skirt)
· Warm pyjamas for sleeping (it is very cool inside the aquarium area)
· Personal items in a wash bag (toothbrush, toothpaste, face cloth, small soap, hairbrush and small towel)
· Your own sleeping bag (Underwater World will provide one for your child if you do not have one)
· Sleeping pad (yoga mat or foam mat)
· Cuddly toy for bedtime and a book for bedtime if you choose!
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ELECTRONIC ITEMS. THEY COULD GO MISSING OR GET DAMAGED!
This week, Grade 2 visited the K1 and K2 classes to share their Images & Print story books. One group went to read with Ms Hima's class. The children listened carefully to the stories and enjoyed looking at the illustrations. They were impressed with the creativity and original ideas. Well done Grade 2 for sharing your knowledge! Thank you K1 and K2 for listening to our stories!